Saturday, January 30, 2010

My First Date!

Yes, sports fans - tomorrow, I'm meeting Carl for the first time.

But I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself - I completely skipped over the phone call, didn't I? I did, and I apologize. Here's how it went down.

I have about a 45 minute commute from work to home, so I thought that would be a good time to call Carl - I mean, I'm stuck in my car in traffic, so what else is there to do, right?

So...I dialed the number, and he answered the phone. Amazingly enough, I was able to say hello in a normal voice, and it got better from there. We had a nice chat, and as it happens, Carl and I both have a weakness for ice cream. I guess if we run out of things to talk about, we can always compare the relative merits of rocky road and butter pecan, eh?

As our conversation wound down a little, Carl asked me if I wanted to meet, and I said yes. So we set up a meeting for tomorrow at 1pm at a local coffee shop, and then, if things go well, we'll take a turn around the lake in a nearby park.

I'm getting a little nervous, and I must confess (I do a lot of confessing, don't I?) that I have had the urge to call him and cancel. It's my nerves, I guess. He's new, and I feel like I'll be on display like a prize heifer; but on the other hand, I'd be willing to bet that he feels the same way. I'll just keep reminding myself of that.

It's going to be a relatively short date - tomorrow is the Superbowl, after all, and I must be home to see my beloved Saints beat the pants off the Colts.

I promise I'll tell you all about my first date...but it will have to be after the game.

GEAUX SAINTS! Who dat??

Love,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment