Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Communicating!

OK, I am officially "communicating" with two of my matches, Jeff and Alex. I contacted Jeff first, and Alex contacted me first.

I had to request Alex's picture, which was kind of a drag. But I understand the point - he wants me to be interested in his good qualities, rather than his looks. I get that, and according to his initial information, he has some good qualities. He passed my spelling test, anyway. So, I answered his questions - again with my do-it-yourself typed-in answers. I hate those canned choices!

I have to admit, though, that the lack of picture is kind of a turn-off; I mean, what is he hiding? Does he weigh 500 pounds or have big warts? And would I be shallow if I closed the match if he turns out to be unattractive?

I'm going to have to think about this one. It's only the 3rd of January, and I have 362 more days to do this, so I can take my sweet time about it.

I knew when I signed up for Eharmony that this 'fishing expedition' was going to force me to think about a lot of things I'd rather ignore, and push me out of my comfort zone...and so it has.

Jeff, the guy I contacted, intrigued me. His profile was witty and smart - and correctly spelled. I liked his pictures - a series of three terrific black and white shots (I love b&w photography!). He reminds me of George Carlin - which isn't such a bad thing; George Carlin (may he rest in peace) was an awesome dude with a killer sense of humor, after all. I sent him a request for communication - complete with my pictures - and today, he responded. This one could be interesting!

Could a first date be next...?

Love,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment