Friday, February 12, 2010

Hallelujah!

I got matched with Jesus.

Seriously. And who knew that Jesus lives in San Pedro??

I snark, reader.

But I did get matched with Jesus from San Pedro. Maybe He's the one.

This made me giggle madly, as there are endless jokes to be made about being matched with Jesus. (Where do you meet Jesus for a first date? Church?)

Poor Jesus. I couldn't even look at his profile. Maybe when this attack of the silly wears off and I can think of him as "Hey Seuss" instead.

Actually, I was contacted by an interesting fellow who styles himself "TR." He is 6'3" - that's good. He can spell - that's better, so we'll see where this one goes. I may have another date to report by the end of this weekend.

I cut another one of my suitors loose tonight: Tam. He sent me his Must Haves/Can't Stands - and one of them was "I can't stand anyone who is overweight."

I am overweight. It's obvious in my picture that I'm overweight. Besides, I have to say, that particular Can't Stand pisses me off. How would guys feel if I had a Can't Stand like this: "I can't stand anyone who's bald on top." ...?

I'm sorry, but if a man has that in his MH/CS, I'm cutting him off. Even if I was Kate Moss thin (which only happens in my dreams), there's no guarantee that I'm going to stay that way forever. Hell, I've been thin. I've been thin and I've been fat. Right now, I'm kind of in the middle. And besides, unless that man looks like Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford, he ain't got no business playing the fat card.

So, buh-bye, Tam.

I wasn't really interested in meeting him anyway, so it's just as well.

I've taken to sending interesting men Icebreakers. I talked about those in my last post; they're these little one-liners you can send someone just to say hello. For some reason, I get a little intimidated at the thought of just sending five nosy questions to someone I don't know...and who might reject me.

Hmmm. He might reject me. I need to get over this. I am going to get rejected. That's the nature of this particular beast, isn't it? So, going forward, I resolve to send my five nosy questions to anyone who strikes my fancy - no matter where they are or how intimidatingly cute they are. For all I know, there will be someone who has a thing for cushiony redheads.

Love,

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of someones who have a thing for cushiony redheads. Unfortunately, they're all over on another dating site where you'd also be expected to wield a whip or flogger!

    ReplyDelete