Wednesday, December 30, 2009

OK - the deed is done!

I did it.

I joined Eharmony tonight.

And I obsessively read every single "Closed Match" message. "I just don't feel the chemistry is there" bugs me. Somebody I don't know can read a few words about me and tell me that the "chemistry isn't there"...?

Oh man. It's going to be a long year.

But I must confess...I went through all my matches tonight. I ran them through my quick filters - their spelling first (yes, a man's spelling is important to me - if he can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're," well, I'm not interested) and then their height. I'm nearly six feet tall, and I'm not quite sure how to deal with someone who is 5'5".

And then I sent them "Close Match" messages..."I just don't feel the chemistry is there."

Turnabout is fair play, I guess.

I did send a message to one of my matches, a guy who lives near me. He looks interesting - a musician and singer. I'm also a musician and a singer; I spent more than 20 years doing musical theatre, so maybe we have something terrific in common.

Eharmony has this silly thing called "guided communication." Yeah, I say it's silly, because you have to do this little dance that can take weeks. First you send them 5 questions you want your match to answer that you pick from a long list. Then your match sends you the answers. Then your match sends you his 5 questions. Then you send your answers. There are 2 more stages before you can tell the guy your name - I think. We'll see if my first match decides to answer my questions. I hope he does.

This is hard work!

I'm off to bed now. Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment