Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting Started

It's coming up on another New Year's Eve, and I don't have a date.

This fact pisses me off. It pisses me off every year. Last year, I was asleep - with earplugs - at 10pm.

But this year, somehow I ended up more pissed off than I've ever been. I don't know why, exactly, but I can guess. Hmmm. Let's see: I'm 55 years old - that's enough right there! I also weigh more than I want to weigh; a lot more. I'm developing a number of aches and pains that can only be attributed to my advancing age and the unwelcome rolls around my middle.

I'm tired of being alone. I want to go to a glamorous party on New Year's Eve with my special someone. I want to be a kinakou, on my throne, sipping Kahlua. I'd like some romance in my life for a change.

That's what has inspired this blog. I want some romance in my life, and my goal is to have a special man with whom to share my life - and my next New Year's Eve.

I have some really good qualities; I really do. I'm smart, I'm funny, I have red hair. I have a very large heart, and I'm very kind. I'm creative, quirky and I'm a damn good cook.

There has got to be someone out there for me.

Simple, right? Not so fast.

Here's the hitch: I haven't had a date in, well, let's just say it has been a long time. I don't have much confidence in my ability to flirt or to make light conversation over coffee at Starbuck's. I'm way out of practice, and I've got a little problem with being shy.

That's why I thought this blog would be a fun idea. My plan is to fork over the $300 bucks it costs to join E-harmony (seriously - it costs $300!!), and then use this blog to document the process. I'll work my way through my compatible matches (matched on 29 levels of compatibility!) just like Julie worked her way through all of Julia Childs' recipes, and I'll tell you all about it, right here at Maggie Goes Fishing.

Wish me luck!

Love,

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Maggie! Let's hope 2010 is a good year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete